I’ve been thinking a lot about the next Presidential (s)election coming up. None of the candidates on the ballot represent me, not even close. Only Ron Paul was “closest” (among the more well-known), but even he didn’t want to do enough to satisfy me.
I started thinking along the lines “if I were President” the things that I would want to do. This is a reasonable exercise for every American to engage in. What would you do? Just how close are the crop of candidates to representing you real views?
If you are planning on voting, on your presidential ballot, here is what I suggest you do: vote for me.
You could do worse, and in fact, you probably will. By voting for the status quo candidates on the ballot, you will get what you’ve always gotten, which isn’t much. If your stupid, you believed the lies that “change is coming”, but it’s not. Both candidates don’t represent real fundamental change, both are beholden to the entire apparatus and system that has appointed them where they are today. It will be business as usual, a deadly combination of arrogance, ignorance, denial and death.
Eight years of insanity under George W. Bush proves that business as usual is the worst possible choice anybody could make. We survived it — but millions more did not. They wound up as grist for the grinder in very grisly ways. This is exactly what we are still be promised as being in the “best interests” of America and Americans. I think not.
Neither Obama or McInsane (or his crazy side-kick) are going to change this country for the better. I don’t care what they are promising, they are business-as-usual men and have publicly said so with the crap they are promoting every night. They’ve already told you what they intend to do, which is nothing at all like what I would do.
So I made a quick list of these things. These are only a few of the things that I stand for and what I would like to see done by the next President, although I am not criminally insane enough to actually want to be President:
- Reduce the federal government by 2/3rds to essential services within 6 months. Provide these newly unemployed real job training in providing real services to Americans in health care and community services, and repair and maintenance of the nations infrastructure, areas that are sorely lacking.
- Suspend ALL defense spending for the next four years, we have more then enough “defense” already, which is always offensive anyway (double-engender). We’ve killed millions in “defense” for absolutely no reason other then we can, or they’ve got something we want. This has got to stop (stop killing people needlessly).
- Return all overseas military personnel except at embassy protection to the United States. Stop all military foreign occupations and wars, return all active duty soldiers to US soil, reduce the military by 2/3rds, provide PTSD counseling and civilian job training, stop all “stop-loss” programs immediately.
- Disable the American war machine and its ties and interdependency to the U.S. economy.
- Dismantle the entire “defense industry” to essential services sufficient for the continental defense of the United States. Appoint an independent commission of industry experts and citizens to study and make recommendations of how best to accomplish this.
- Stop criminalizing dissent. Stop harassing journalists. Stop having secret government, we’re all adults here and we ought to know what is going on, it is our country after all. Abolish all lobbyists, anyone caught receiving or giving special privilege from government representatives would receive a mandatory ten years in prison for each offense.
- Stop all domestic spying operations and programs, including those many in cooperation with foreign governments to spy on Americans and bypass the law. Repeal the Patriot Acts. Repeal the Military Commissions Act and all such Acts, decrees and such like that are offensive to the citizens of each State that restrict the lives, liberties or pursuit of happiness to be secured by the federal government.
- Stop all torture and rendition programs and activities.
- Dismantle the Department of Homeland Security and get rid of this Nazi terminology. Stop creating a fascist police state in America. Stop equipping law enforcement with excess military hardware and surplus. Stop creating paramilitary units. Convict Blackwater of murders and assassinations in Iraq and Afghanistan and dismantle this private mercenary army. Abolish the secret schools and training centers for assassinations and murder (attended to by foreigners from all of the world and Americans) such as the School of Americas.
- Respect the sovereignty and international rights of nations to be self-governing and self-protecting. Stop pitting one nation against for the self-interest of the United States and its corporate benefactors.
- Stop enforcing all sanctions and restrictions that are starving and killing civilians in foreign countries.
- Remove China from favored nation status. Remove Cuba from all restrictions and boycotts. Support the restoration of the Palestinian homeland.
- Remove all Presidential signing statements and Executive Orders by all Presidents. Abolish this practice and illegal behavior forever.
- Remove all Congressional and Senate perks and special privileges and exemptions (including padded retirement packages for minimal service). Restrict the Senate and Congress to a maximum of two term-limits of four years each. Remove their “right” to vote themselves pay raises and privileges – forever.
- Restrict Congress and the Senate to removing bad laws instead of stupidly creating an endless succession of more and more, by enforcing the requirement that all existing laws, rules, restrictions, regulations and such like are required to come before them for periodic review and examination for removal.
- Abolish the IRS, none of the money we pay them is used for our benefit anyway.
- Abolish the Federal Reserve and arrest Henry Paulson for high crimes and misdemeanors (and Alan Greenspan). Return to the gold standard and control of the nations money supply to the U.S. Treasury.
- Abolish all electronic voting, it can never be trusted or accounted for accurately, require mandatory paper ballots for all federal elections and state elections. Abolish the Electoral College forever.
- End all foreign aid except food and medicine and developmental support for essential service (non-defense). End all defense aid to Israel. Stop selling armaments and weapons to all countries.
- End all corporate welfare and special protections and privileges. End all subsidies. End all “value-added” taxes.
- End all foreign oil imports within five years by emphasizing energy conservation, reduced energy and transportation demands and public transportation. Create public transportation systems including light rail and bicycle paths. Enforce minimum mileage standards on all new transportation.
- Educate, inform and legislate the need for sustainable communities and limited development activities, including lowering the carbon footprint and energy demands of US citizens. Become a model nation on population control, sustainable living practices, localized living and healthy living practices.
- Emphasize through education programs and incentives humanities need to live lightly upon the planet. Punish offenders and industry and corporate transgressors (with prison time, not just fines) in violation of strict air, water and soil contaminant standards.
- Restore the environment wherever possible by suspending (stopping) all further industrial activity in critical habitat areas and regions, reseeding and replanting where necessary or helpful and letting nature do the rest.
- Restrict greenhouse gas emissions by all industries, transportation (public and private), targeting a maximum 325 ppm.
- End all trawling. End all overfishing and enforce strict limits.
- End all ocean dumping of all kinds.
- Abolish all factory farming of animals.
- Abolish all animal testing.
- Embark on a nationwide program of cleaning up and protecting our environment. Support this endeavor on a worldwide level.
- Abolish the Mining Act of 1872.
- Create nationwide conservation programs for recycling and preservation of the environment from wasteful dumping and landfills.
- End all new freeway construction, this makes no sense at all in the face of peak oil.
- Relocalize the entire country in production, manufacturing, food production and all other essential services.
- Establish stiff tariffs on all imported goods and services by American and foreign corporations (but not small businesses).
- Remove the lifetime tax on expatriated Americans. Remove the maximum dollar limits allowed to leave the country for emigrants.
- Abolish the “No Child Left Behind” act. In fact, undue everything that George Bush (both of them) has ever done.
- Suspend all immigration for four years. Abolish automatic citizenship by birth on U.S. soil by illegal aliens. Abolish all welfare and federal and state assistance to illegal aliens.
- Remove all federal presence from sovereign Indian lands, pay all debts and obligations due for the last two hundred years (to the tribes that will accept them, some won’t), respect the sovereignty, ancient history and tribal heritage and cultures of all native peoples.
- End the so-called “drug war”.
- Release all minor drug offenders from prison, provide education and counseling and job services.
- End the so-called “war on terror”.
- Dismantle the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency and other domestic and foreign spying agencies and operations outside of the military command structure.
- Arrest George W. Bush and his entire Cabinet (including those that have already flown the coop) for war crimes against countries abroad and the Americans they killed on 9/11, prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and publicly execute those convicted by a international court of law.
- Publically investigate 9/11 and publicly reveal all the facts and evidence uncovered and hunt down to the ends of the Earth those responsible, including Americans.
There’s a lot more, but this is the short-list and it’s late. If I had my way, I’d go quite a bit further then this, I’ve shared a few thoughts on these things in past posts.
However, if you won’t vote for me and none of you probably would, then I strongly suggest you vote for YOU. Since none of the candidates being (s)Elected for us even remotely represent you or your personal views, then don’t even bother showing up to vote.
Withhold your vote and your consent to be governed and deny this entire sham the legitimacy it demands of you and pretends to perpetuate in your name, and tell everyone you know that your dissent is the highest form of patriotism that there is.
(Well, to be honest, there is one other form of citizen patriotism that is higher. Shoot the bastards that have run this planet into the ground. But Americans are still not ready for that.)
I “predict” who will win this (s)Election (but I’m not saying), but frankly, I don’t care because it is all rather meaningless anymore. The candidates are so far off the mark in comparison to my own views on how to make this planet a better or even livable place, that it won’t make any difference who will “win”. My other predictions on collapse still remain as true as ever, and the latest data I’ve seen (but not shared) indicates that it’s coming far faster then we feared.
That’s what I’m still preparing for, not a stint in the White House, pretending that I can actually change anything.