Controlling the world’s food supply is a very serious business affecting billions of people all over the world. Yet this is exactly what is now happening with major agribusinesses orchestrating the production — and the withholding of food through pressure to international “aid” and governmental legislation.
Some history on using food as a political weapon (to kill millions and force countries to capitulate):
Food aid therefore is no longer an instrument of foreign policy. It has now become a major commercial activity, even if it means exploiting the famine victims and starving millions.”
Police Target Organic Foods In California:
This is certainly outrageous. But this is a grim pointer to where the next battles would be fought. It is not water, as many people believe, but food that will be putting nations at war. You can clearly see, if you want to, where it is coming from. Multinational food giants have been slowly but steadily gaining control over food. They know that absolute control over food is the road to absolute power.
The process of takeover of food simultaneously began on several fronts. It began with Green Revolution in the late 1960s, which was essentially to provide controlled technology to increase farm production in developing countries. This was followed with Structural Adjustment Programme that the World Bank/IMF pushed seeking policy changes through the 150-odd conditionality’s that came with every loan. To provide more teeth to the process, the World Trade Organisation (WTO), and the Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) have been brought in.
Technology is now controlled through the instruments of Trade-related Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), and unhindered grain trade is made possible by the unjust obligations that developing countries have been made to accept under the so-called free trade paradigm. To complete the control over the entire food chain, the third actor in the game — food retail — is now being moved across the national borders. G-20 is pushing for compliance, asking member countries to streamline the norms that facilitate the entry of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Multi-Brand Retail. Absolute Power Comes From Absolute Control Over Food
The Pakistan crisis is moving from floods to food, with nothing to eat for millions of people. The United States has promised some aid, but read this article carefully to grasp the conditional aspects — effectively using the suffering and hunger of millions and millions of people as political pawns.
Starvation has already set in in Pakistan, with 100,000 children already facing death, and the aid provided so far is a massive shortage of 80% in just food alone that the country requires to avoid further catastrophe.
General Nadeem Ahmed, chairman of Pakistan’s National Disaster Management Authority, told the meeting that the country was 80 percent short of the food aid it needs for the 20 million people affected by the floods, 87 percent short on water and sanitation, and 82 percent short on shelter. Pakistan Must Use Flood Aid Responsibly
In some ways, expecting donations or no-interest loans to be used responsibly is a reasonable request — but try explaining this and their conditions to this man who is standing in his former home:
Pakistan is but one example of many whereas food is being used as the weapon of mass destruction, but this is a huge growing problem impacting people all over the world as corrupt government and businesses seek to gain total control over the world’s human population:
Desdemona has a short write-up on the new book, “The Coming Famine” by Julian Cribb:
Cribb’s view of the global food crisis paints a frightening picture: demand for food slowly outstripping supply, food production and urbanisation draining the world’s fresh water resources, food products siphoned for biofuel, developing markets with a taste for more exotic, protein-rich and plentiful dinner fare, rising populations worldwide, climate instability and the role of food in economic markets all coming together. The result: water shortages, overfishing, land shortages, soil nutrient losses, unreliable harvests and, almost certainly, a worldwide food crisis.
Senate Bil 510 is currently on “hold” (temporarily) in the United States, but is considered one of the most dangerous piece of legislation in American history:
S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.
€œIf accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.€ ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower
It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.
Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto’s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create €” without judicial review €” if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming. The Most Dangerous Bill In US History
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan. http://www.schillerinstitute.org/food_for_peace/kiss_nssm_jb_1995.html
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection.
Instead, S 510 says:
COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.” Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, “entry of food into the US” covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and “entering into” it by virtue of being produced.
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds How to criminalize them, for more details.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control, despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil-based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed the Five Pillars of Food Safety are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-6 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US.
The agenda to control the global food supply is very obvious when you connect the decades of manipulation taking place.
The Future Of Food:
Finally, genetically modified crops were REFUSED labeling in the United States as being genetically modified. Nor is “non-GMO” food labeling even allowed by federal law. The reason is dead obvious, the Unites States government is only interested in protecting big businesses like Monsanto, and could care less about you or your health or the small farmer who can provide you with whole, healthy food.
That the Food and Drug Administration is opposed to labeling foods that are genetically modified is no surprise anymore, but a report in the Washington Post indicates the FDA won’t even allow food producers to label their foods as being free of genetic modification.
In reporting that the FDA will likely not require the labeling of genetically modified salmon if it approves the food product for consumption, the Post’s Lyndsey Layton notes that the federal agency €œwon’t let conventional food makers trumpet the fact that their products don’t contain genetically modified ingredients.€
€œThe agency warned the dairy industry in 1994 that it could not use €œHormone Free€ labeling on milk from cows that are not given engineered hormones, because all milk contains some hormones.
€œIt has sent a flurry of enforcement letters to food makers, including B&G Foods, which was told it could not use the phrase €œGMO-free€ on its Polaner All Fruit strawberry spread label because GMO refers to genetically modified organisms and strawberries are produce, not organisms
€œIt told the maker of Spectrum Canola Oil that it could not use a label that included a red circle with a line through it and the words €œGMO,€ saying the symbol suggested that there was something wrong with genetically engineered food.
€œThis to me raises questions about whose interest the FDA is protecting,€ House Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) told the Post. Kucinich has repeatedly introduced bills in the House that would require the labeling of genetically modified foods.
Being in the food business, I’m often explaining to people that no such labeling exists in this country. Organic does not mean food is not-GMO. Pesticide or chemical free does not mean the food is non-GMO. The truth is, nothing does. Not here.
The United States is one of the only countries in the world where GMO and non-GMO labeling is banned. It is also the country that has many of its food shipments refused at ports all over the world. Many other countries have long recognized the need to regulate the food supply eaten by their citizens — and give you the clear choice on what you intend to put into your bodies, but not here.
What is being called a “giant leap into the unknown”, GM fish are being grown for human consumption.
Scientists have warned that the marine environment, which has already suffered from decades of intensive overfishing, is close to collapse. Yet the demand for fish has increased at a time when stocks have dwindled. Humans face a stark choice between giving up eating many kinds of wild-caught fish, or turning to alternatives such as captive-bred animals. GM technology offers one potential solution to the problem of feeding a growing human population, but it is one solution among many.
Of the many, many reasons that I have documented over the years to extract yourself from the system, the agenda to control you and your health and the future of the world through control of the food supply is one of them. True sustainable living can only come through conscientious land practices and use, not laboratory frankenfish. But you’re not being given any choice anymore, and that is a very big reason to step away and learn to live without all these negative effects impacting your life, your health and your family.
Food IS the political weapon of mass manipulation being used throughout the world. The future of food bodes ill for humanity as long as this is crime against humanity is permitted to continue.