Posted, but worth making a separate entry here: New Study Predicts an Intolerably Hot World
Not the best article and some really inaccurate statements. I suspect the editors refused to allow the real facts to be accurately published. There are numerous dishonest claims here. Listed in order as shown in the article:
- a) There will be no great grandchildren (for most of us) as humans will be gone by the time frames claimed (read on).
- b) 6.4 to 9.5 degrees Celsius are unsurvivable temperatures (for anything living), vastly exceeding survivable wet-bulb temperatures. 1 degree Celsius increases atmospheric moisture by 7% (massive storms on a scale not even imaginable). So temperatures are too hot to survive and nothing will due to heat, rain, storms and even drought. We are already seeing extremely dangerous temperatures exceeding survival rates in India right now (long before 2300).
- c) Sea level trajectories are already over 21 feet by 2100. Far above what this article claims, which means most low-lying coastal cities will be flooded creating over a billion refugees.
- d) Food supplies will be more then “disrupted”, there won’t be any. Starvation on a global scale will come first before heat-stroke and death by thirst. This is happening now, with 72 million in Africa facing starvation by December (this year) according to published reports.
- e) The methane hydrate problem is seriously glossed over. A major “methane pulse” to the atmosphere is expected at any time and there are already indications that this is now underway with a dramatic jump in methane levels.
- f) Climate refugees already number over 100 million (today) and will exceed over 3 billion by 2050, a far greater number then claimed in the article.
- g) Temperature increases would indeed ‘flatten-out’ over time – on the scale of thousands of years. We don’t have the kind of time left.
- h) 2015 – 2016 has seen a very dramatic jump in temperature, which now appears to be non-linear, meaning it will acclerate faster and faster by all indications, making these time-frames claimed erroneous at best and disingenuous at worst.
- i) There is virtually no chance now of “limiting warming” within human lifetimes. Warming is accelerating now beyond human emissions and feed backs due to nature sources now becoming emitters, including such things as albedo feedback (no ice). A blue-ocean event in the Arctic may happens as early as this year (September time frame). This will dramatically increase warming in the Arctic and sets the stage for runaway feed backs, including permafrost melting and methane from organic soils.
- j) Alternative energy is not-carbon free and studies have shown that it can actually increase emissions. Nor does alternative energy supply enough for human needs, but it does deplete critical and non-replaceable resources and has a very limited time replacement life span on the order of just a few decades. We do not have enough raw materials to continue to replace what is needed while trying to meet increasing needs.
- k) Carbon fees don’t accomplish anything other then making some richer. All economic activity by any source creates carbon emissions. Money cannot solve climate change, this is a triggered physical process that is now beyond our assumptions of control.
- l) The many assumptions and claims in this article are intended to persuade readers that we are not in a planetary emergency and what more scientist now believe is an extinction level event (ours). It is well known that a 6th “great extinction” is now underway globally, but the question still be grappled with is “does it include us?” and the evidence says decidedly yes. We have only a few decades at most in order to survive on this planet as temperatures, droughts, extreme weather, starvation and devastation will wipe out life on this planet. This is the greatest threat humanity has ever faced and the evidence has been published in many places including on this blog.
Copyright Notice: No portion of this web site, information, articles, books or material may be copied in any form without prior written permission of the publisher. © All Rights Reserved.[...]