What the World Eats

What the world eats in one week:

The United States

The United States, obviously. You can tell from all the junk food. I don’t know if these are actors or not, but most Americans would be a lot heavier eating this kind of slop. Notice all the packaging waste in developed countries.
China

China, lots of veggies…

England

England…

Mali

Mali…

Kind of put things into perspective. Easy to see who’s comandeering the largest share of resources. Shamelessly stolen from The World’s Fair.[...] Read More

Read more

Climate Change in the News

While the world continues to heat up, the US Supreme court is going to wait until next summer to “decide” if carbon dioxide is a pollutant. Meanwhile, the Ross Ice Shelf threatens collapse, with a corresponding (and dramatic) rise in sea levels.

James Lovelock say’s that an 8c rise in temperature is already “built in“, no matter what we do, which efforts are “morally commendable, but wasted”.[...] Read More

Read more

Must Watch

Videos you should watch (and they’re free, on the Net):

The Corporation

Iraq For Sale

An Inconvient Truth

V For Vendetta

1984

Loose Change

From Freedom to Fascism

The End of Suburbia

The Fog of War

Why We Fight

The Future of Food

Copyright Notice: No portion of this web site, information, articles, books or material may be copied in any form without prior written permission of the publisher. © All Rights Reserved.[...] Read More

Read more

Signs of the Economic Crash

I don’t usually follow this stuff too closely, because everytime they make a “prediction”, another white rabbit gets pulled out of that and things manage to grind on for while longer.  But this article, say’s that we’re over our limit.  Make of it what you will, crash soon or crash later, I dunno.

Copyright Notice: No portion of this web site, information, articles, books or material may be copied in any form without prior written permission of the publisher. © All Rights Reserved.[...] Read More

Read more

Zombie Chickens

This is gross – and a prime example of everything that is wrong with our culture.  Irresponsiblity, massive overproduction, consumer consumption, corporate waste, greed, capitalism, you name it, it’s there.

Copyright Notice: No portion of this web site, information, articles, books or material may be copied in any form without prior written permission of the publisher. © All Rights Reserved.[...] Read More

Read more

Before and After

These pictures speak for themselves:

Before trawling

After trawling

Australia, North West Shelf, water depth about 70 m; first photo taken in an area where trawling has not been allowed; second photo taken in an area heavily trawled by pair-trawlers.

Copyright Notice: No portion of this web site, information, articles, books or material may be copied in any form without prior written permission of the publisher. © All Rights Reserved.[...] Read More

Read more

Countries Ranked By Democracy

*Yawn… Another useless report, ranking nations by democracy.

I say “useless”, because the conclusions were meaningless. Here’s why:

I do not believe their methodology used was very helpful or informative.First of all, a democracy isn’t freedom. A democracy is 51% telling the other 49% what to do.

Secondly, their own methodology document states –

“The Freedom House electoral democracy measure is a thin concept. Its measure of democracy based on political rights and civil liberties is thicker than the measure of electoral democracy.”[...] Read More

Read more

Empire 3

“They sold us out. First of all, they sold us out a long time ago. But taking recent history as an example, the Democrats sold us out over 9/11, and the Iraq war. Now that they are back in power in Congress and the Senate, they’ve made it clear already that they’re going to keep selling us out too.”

We were still in the garden and Frank had grabbed a spade to help out. That was pretty cool, because he’d done it without asking. I had just gotten done with dumping a whole lot of information on him with regards to the empire system we all labored under. The huge difference wasn’t lost on me. Frank had volunteered for this ‘help’, unlike the empire which had shoved it down our throats.[...] Read More

Read more

Spread the word :)